Rates & Fees

wolf creek water and sewer improvement district

rate schedule and applicability
Wolf Creek Water and Sewer Improvement District provides sewer, culinary and secondary water service to properties within the district boundaries. The district rates are regulated by a Board of Trustees that report to the State of Utah.
All charges will be billed to the recorded owner of the property. All property owners will be required to sign a Service Agreement, obtainable at the Wolf Creek Water and Sewer Improvement District office located at 3632 N. Wolf Creek Dr. If an owner chooses to rent his property, the renter will also be required to sign a Service Agreement. If however, the renter does not pay the total amount due, the recorded owner of the property will be responsible for the charges.
The following rates are applicable to Single Dwelling Units, Multi-Family Units and for Commercial purposed as a single business connection.
Culinary water rates:
Base charge per month, including the first 8,000 gallons: $20.00
Usage rates per month:
  • 8,001 to 16,000 gallons:
  • 16,001 to 24,000 gallons:
  • 24,001 to 32,000 gallons:
  • 32,001 to 40,000 gallons:
  • 40,001 to 48,000 gallons:
  • 48,001 to 56,000 gallons:
  • 56,001 to 64,000 gallons:
  • Over 64,001 gallons:
  • Stand-by fee:
  • Connection fee:
  • Impact fee:
  • $3.50 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $5.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $6.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $7.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $8.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $12.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $17.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $22.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $10.00 per month;
  • $1043.00
  • $1457.00
Meters are read the entire year round.
Stand-by fees are charged on all recorded lots. Wolf Creek Water & Sewer Improvement District is required by the State of Utah, to have water available for all properties whether it is in use or not. This fee helps maintain the infrastructure and the purchase of water rights to keep the water available for use.
All connection fees are charged to cover the fixed costs of the infrastructure to the property. Impact fees are charged to new homeowners to help pay for new projects needed for growth in the District. On individual lots all Water, Sewer and Irrigation fees are to be paid when building begins, prior to the Can and Will Serve Notice being released.
For new developments, the developer will pay a nonrefundable 10% of the connection fee and impact fee at the current rate, at the time the Can and Will Serve Letter is issued for each phase. The developer will then pay the remaining 90% at the current rate, at the closing of a sale on a lot.  If the lot has not been sold within two (2) years from the date of the Can and Will Serve Letter, the Developer will pay the remaining 90% at the current rate, whichever comes first.
secondary water rates:
(Secondary water is provided for all exterior landscaping)
Base charge per month, including the first 20,000 gallons: $15.00
  • 20,001 to 40,000 gallons:
  • 40,001 to 60,000 gallons:
  • 60,001 to 80,000 gallons:
  • 80,001 to 100,000 gallons:
  • 100,001 to 120,000 gallons:
  • 120,001 to 140,000 gallons:
  • Over 140,000 is
  • Stand-by fee:
  • Connection fee:
  • Impact fee:
  • $1.50 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $3.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $4.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $6.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $10.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $15.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $20.00 per 1,000 gallons;
  • $15.00 per month;
  • $1023.00
  • $6877.00
Meters are read during the summer months (May – October), the secondary lines are cleaned out and shut off during the winter months. The base rate will be charged during the winter to help purchase the water rights necessary to service the district.
Stand-by fees are charged on all recorded lots. Wolf Creek Water & Sewer Improvement District is required by the State of Utah, to have water available for all properties whether it is in use or not. This fee helps maintain the infrastructure and the purchase of water rights to keep the water available for use.
All connection fees are charged to cover the fixed costs of the infrastructure to the property. Impact fees are charged to new homeowners to help pay for new projects needed for growth in the District. On individual lots all Water, Sewer and Irrigation fees are to be paid when building begins, prior to the Can and Will Serve Notice being released.
For new developments, the developer will pay a nonrefundable 10% of the connection fee and impact fee at the current rate, at the time the Can and Will Serve Letter is issued for each phase. The developer will then pay the remaining 90% at the current rate, at the closing of a sale on a lot.  If the lot has not been sold within two (2) years from the date of the Can and Will Serve Letter, the Developer will pay the remaining 90% at the current rate, whichever comes first.
sewer rates:
residential:
  • Monthly Service fee:
  • Stand-by fee:
  • Connection fee:
  • Impact fee:
  • $55.00
  • $15.00 per month
  • $915.00
  • $4085.00
commercial:
Base charge per month, including the first 8,000 gallons of cullinary water: $55.00
Usage rates per month:
  • 8,0001 to 16,000 gallons:
  • 16,001 to 24,000 gallons:
  • 24,001 to 32,000 gallons:
  • 32,001 to 40,000 gallons:
  • 40,001 to 48,000 gallons:
  • 48,001 to 56,000 gallons:
  • 56,001 to 64,000 gallons:
  • 64,001 to 72,000 gallons:
  • 72,001 to 80,000 gallons:
  • $110.00
  • $165.00
  • $220.00
  • $275.00
  • $330.00
  • $385.00
  • $440.00
  • $495.00
  • $550.00
It continues to increase $55.00 per 8,000 gallons used
The monthly service fee for residential users is a flat rate and a tiered rate for commercial users, charged for the operations and maintenance of the Membrane Bioreactor Sewer Facility (MBR Facility), to maintain sewer lines and lift stations.
Stand-by fees are charged on all recorded lots. Wolf Creek Water & Sewer Improvement District is required by the State of Utah, to have sewer services available for all properties whether it is in use or not. The stand-by fee helps maintain the infrastructure and operations of the MBR facility.
All connection fees are charged to cover the fixed costs of the infrastructure to the property. Impact fees are charged to new homeowners to help pay for new projects needed for growth in the District. On individual lots all Water, Sewer and Irrigation fees are to be paid when building begins, prior to the Can and Will Serve Notice being released.
For new developments, the developer will pay a nonrefundable 10% of the connection fee and impact fee at the current rate, at the time the Can and Will Serve Letter is issued for each phase. The developer will then pay the remaining 90% at the current rate, at the closing of a sale on a lot.  If the lot has not been sold within two (2) years from the date of the Can and Will Serve Letter, the Developer will pay the remaining 90% at the current rate, whichever comes first.
other fees:
  • Customer Account Set-Up Fee: $15.00
  • Return Check Fee of $25.00 for every time a check is returned.
  • Convenience Fee of 2.75% to process a credit card payment.
  • Stop Payment Fee of $30.00 if we have to re-issue a check that has been lost or other wise not depositable.
  • Reconnection fee after disconnection $100.00.
  • If extenuating circumstances exist and additional man and equipment power is needed to disconnect service, the additional charges will be billed to the customer.
  • The customer is responsible to keep the meter box accessible for the District. If the meter box is buried for any reason, a notice will be issued giving fourteen days to rectify the matter. If the problem still exists after the fourteenth day, a $100.00 fine will be imposed and the District will uncover the meter box, any man or equipment power that is needed to uncover the meter box will be billed to the customer.
  • Meter tested on customer request within 12 months of last test: $40.00
    • Late Fees are 1.5% per month or 18% per annum which ever is greatest to all delinquent accounts including Stand-By Fees.
  • Stand-By Fees will be charged if services are disconnected either for non-payment or at request of the customer.
  • A $1,000.00 fine will be imposed if a home is found to be illegally connected to the Sewer System with sump pumps or by any other means. A $200.00 fine will be imposed each day after notification has been given until rectified. If a homeowner reports to the District that his home may have an illegal connection, penalty will be imposed if the connection is dealt with in a timely manner. (Utah Code 17B-1-905 Right of entry on premises of water user. Authorizes a person authorized by a local district that provides a service from a water system or sewer system may enter upon a premise furnished with or provided that water service or sewer service to: examine an apparatus related to or used by the water system or sewer system; examine the amount of water used or wastewater discharged by the water system or sewer system and the manner of use or discharge; or make a necessary shutoff for vacancy, delinquency, or a violation of the local district rule or regulation relating to the water service or sewer service).
  • A $1,000.00 fine will be imposed to those found to be illegally by-passing the water and secondary meters. A $200.00 fine will be imposed each day after notification has been given until rectified. (Utah Code 17B-1-905 Right of entry on premises of water user. Authorizes a person authorized by a local district that provides a service from a water system or sewer system may enter upon a premise furnished with or provided that water service or sewer service to: examine an apparatus related to or used by the water system or sewer system; examine the amount of water used or wastewater discharged by the water system or sewer system and the manner of use or discharge; or make a necessary shutoff for vacancy, delinquency, or a violation of the local district rule or regulation relating to the water service or sewer service).
  • If the District is approach by a to developer or other companies to connect to a fire hydrant to use water for items such as hydro seeding or other usage where a permanent meter has not been installed. A $100.00 service fee will be charged to cover the time to install and oversee a temporary hydrant meter and $5.00 per 1000 gallons used be charged.
All Rates, Fees, Penalties and other charges incidental to the connection to or services provided by the Wolf Creek Water & Sewer Improvement District shall be changed from time to time by Resolution enacted by the Board of Trustees after a public hearing is held. Rates for services furnished shall be uniform with respect to each class or classes of service established or that may hereafter be established.